Transport Provider’s Terms and Conditions:
EFFECTIVE FROM NOVEMBER 1, 2021
IFTHISDOCUMENTISNOTINALANGUAGETHATYOUUNDERSTAND,YOUSHALL CONTACT ROADY SUPPORT@ROADY.IN.FAILURE TO DO SO WITHIN 12 (TWELVE) HOURS FROM THE TIME OF RECEIPT OF THIS DOCUMENT AND YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS DOCUMENT BY CLICKING ON THE ‘I ACCEPT’ BUTTONSHALLBECONSIDEREDASYOURUNDERSTANDINGOFTHISDOCUMENT.
THIS DOCUMENT IS AN ELECTRONIC RECORD IN TERMS OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ACT, 2000 AND RULES THEREUNDER AS APPLICABLE AND THE PROVISIONS PERTAINING TO ELECTRONIC RECORDS IN VARIOUS STATUTES AS AMENDED BY THE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ACT, 2000. THIS ELECTRONIC RECORDISGENERATEDBYACOMPUTERSYSTEMANDDOESNOTREQUIREANY PHYSICALORDIGITALSIGNATURES.BYCLICKINGONTHE“IACCEPT”BUTTON ONTHISELECTRONICCONTRACT,YOUARECONSENTINGTOBEBOUNDBYTHIS SUBSCRIPTIONAGREEMENTALONGWITHTHEVARIOUSEXHIBITSATTACHEDTO THE SUBSCRIPTION AGREEMENT. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SUBSCRIPTION AGREEMENT AND EXHIBITSBEFOREYOUSTARTUSINGTHEPORTAL,ASYOUSHALLBEBOUNDBY ALL THE TERMS HEREIN UPON CLICKING ON THE “ACCEPT & CONTINUE” BUTTONONTHISELECTRONICCONTRACT.IFYOUDONOTACCEPTANYOFTHE TERMS CONTAINED HEREIN, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE THE PORTAL OR AVAIL ANY OF THE SERVICES BEING PROVIDED THEREIN. YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE SUBSCRIPTION AGREEMENT SHALL OPERATE AS A BINDING AGREEMENT BETWEENYOUANDROADYINRESPECTOFTHESERVICESOFTHEPORTAL.
IT IS HEREBY EXPRESSLY CLARIFIED THAT THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SUBSCRIPTIONAGREEMENTWILLNOTAPPLYTOYOURSERVICESPROVIDEDFOR ‘ROADYCORPORATE’I.E.,ARRANGEMENTSENTEREDINTOBYROADYWITHVARIOUS CORPORATE ENTITIES.
ThisAgreementismadebetweenFab Aspire ServicesPrivateLimited,acompanyregisteredunder theCompaniesAct, 2019andhavingitscorporateofficeat9thfloor,Smart works,
9th Floor, Victoria Plaza, Bidhannagar, Sector V,Kolkata,West Bengal – 700091, India along with its allied Operational State Partners/Franchisee/Business Associates (hereinafter referred to as “ROADY” which expression shall mean and include its representatives, successors- in–office, affiliates and assigns) on the ONE PART;
A transport service provider who is a taxi operator, which provides vehicles on hire and is desirous of listing itself and its fleet of vehicles on the Portal, details of which are provided in Exhibit A (“Vehicle(s)”), so as to provide transportation services through the Vehicle(s) to the usersofPortal.Thetransportserviceproviderhasrepresentedthatthetransportserviceprovider fulfills the eligibility criteria annexed hereto as Exhibit D and is in compliance with all applicablelawsfortheprovisionoftransportservicesthroughthePortal.
Atransportserviceproviderwhoisadriver,desirousoflistinghimselfandhisvehicleonthe Portal,detailsofwhichareprovidedinExhibitA(“Vehicle(s)”),soastoprovidetransportation servicesthroughhisVehicle(s)totheusersofPortal.Thetransportserviceproviderhasrepresentedthatthetransportserviceproviderfulfillstheeligibilitycriteriaannexedheretoas ExhibitDandisincompliancewithallapplicablelawsfortheprovisionoftransportservices through thePortal.
(Hereinafter referred to as the “Transport Service Provider”) of the OTHER PART.
ROADYandtheTransportServiceProvidershallhereinafterindividuallybereferredtoas“Party” and collectively as“Parties”.
Exhibits ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C’ and ‘D’ are collectively referred to as ‘Exhibits’.
WHEREAS ROADY owns and operates an online market place called “ROADY” an online booking platform, and any upgrades from time to time and any other software that enables the useoftheapplicationorsuchotherURLasmaybespecificallyprovidedbyROADY(“Portal”)that listsandaggregatesthecabserviceprovidersandmotorcabsregisteredwithit.
AND WHEREAS on the basis of the representations and warranties provided by the Transport ServiceProvider,ROADYhasagreedtolisttheTransportServiceProviderandtheVehicle(s)onthe Portal (“Service Provider App”) to enable the Transport Service Provider to provide transport services (“Transport Services”) through ‘Service Provider’s App’ in accordance with the terms and conditions as hereinafterprovided.
NOW THEREFORE THE PARTIES HERETO AGREE AS FOLLOWS
- Scope andObligations
- The execution of this Agreement and providing the details in Exhibit A (hereinafter referredtoas“RegistrationData”)shalleffectintheregistrationoftheCabServiceProviderand theVehicle(s)withROADYandshallmaketheCabServiceProvidereligibleforanonlineaccount ontheServiceProvider’sApp(“Account”)forprovidingTransportServicesthroughtheService Provider’sApp.
- TheTransportServiceProviderandVehicle(s)registrationwithROADYshallatalltimesbe subjecttocompliancewiththerequirementssetoutinExhibitDandExhibitBrespectively.The TransportServiceProviderandVehicle(s)registrationwithROADYshallfurtherbesubjecttosuch otherdetailsanddocumentsinrespectoftheTransportServiceProviderandtheVehicle(s)asis more fully described in Exhibit A. The Transport Service Provider hereby understands and consents to the collection, storage and sharing of Aadhaar card and any information extracted therefrom with Third Party Vendors and/or Government Authorities, for the process of onboarding and backgroundverification.
- TheTransportServiceProvideracknowledgesandagreesthatallrights,obligationsand liabilitiesoftheTransportServiceProviderandROADYshallbegovernedinaccordancewiththis AgreementandtheTransportServiceProvidertermsandconditionsavailableattheofficesof ROADY(“TransportServiceProviderT&C”)and,acopyofwhichisannexedasExhibitBtothis Agreement. The Transport Service Provider hereby represents that the Transport Service ProviderhasreadandunderstoodthisAgreementandtheTransportServiceProviderT&Cfully andthetermscontainedthereinareagreeabletotheTransportService provider
- Representations andWarranties
- The Transport Service Provider represents and warrants that the Transport Service Provideristheregisteredownerorthelessee,asthecasemaybe,oftheVehicle(s)andpermit holder for the provision of Transport Services of theVehicle(s).
- The Transport Service Provider represents and warrants that the Transport Service Providerhasallrequisitepowerandauthoritytodeliverandperformtheobligationsimposed herein.
- The Transport Service Provider represents and warrants that entering into and performanceofthetransactionscontemplatedbythisAgreementandTransportServiceProvider T&CdoesnotandwillnotconflictwithanylaworregulationapplicabletotheTransportService Provideroranyguidelines,rules,regulationsincludinganyjudicial,official,governmentaland/ orstatutoryand/orregulatoryordersand/orjudgmentswhetherinterim,finalorotherwiseorwith anyothercontracttowhichtheTransportServiceProviderisa
- The Transport Service Provider represents and warrants that the Transport Service ProviderhasnotbeenconvictedbyanycourtinIndiaforanycognizableoffenceoranoffence punishablewithimprisonmentformorethan3years,underthelawsofIndia.
- You agreethat ROADY’sroleislimitedto(a)managingandoperatingthePortalandthe
ServiceProviderAppandbeingamarketplacesolelyforthedisplayoftheTransportServicesin the manner decided by ROADY unilaterally, (b) being an online booking platform facilitating the provisionofTransportServicesbytheTransportServiceProvidertotheusersofthePortal,and
(c) Payment collection through an e-wallet (ROADY Money powered by Razorpay) to facilitate the transactionsbetweenTransportServiceProviderandtheusersofPortal.Accordingly,ROADYis merelyanintermediaryprovidingonlinemarketplaceservicesandtheServiceProviderAppis onlyaplatformwhereTransportServiceProvidershallofferTransportServicestotheuserson executionoftheAgreementandregistrationandacceptancebyusersofthecustomertermsand conditions on the portal.
- To the extent permissible under applicable laws, ROADY disclaims and shall disclaim all liabilities,whethercivil,criminal,tortious,orotherwise,thatmayaccrueasaconsequenceofthe breach by the Transport Service Provider (a) of the applicable laws in respect of the Transport Services; (b) of the terms of the applicable licenses and permits that are issued by the transport authorities;(c)ofthetermsoftheTransportServiceProviderT&Cs;or(d)ofthedutyofcarethe Transport Service Provider owes to the users of thePortals.
In consideration of ROADY providing the Transport Service Provider’s and the Vehicle’s informationonthePortal,andforenablingtheTransportServiceProvidertoprovideTransport ServicesthroughServiceProviderApponthePortal,variouspayments,moreparticularlysetout intheCommercialTermsSegmentannexedheretoasExhibitC,betweentheTransportService ProviderandROADY(“Fees”)shallbesettledinthemannersetoutandpaidinthemannersetout in the Commercial Terms Segment annexed hereto as ExhibitC.
The Transport Service Provider acknowledges that pursuant to this Agreement, the Transport ServiceProviderwillhaveaccesstoconfidentialinformationofROADYanditsaffiliates,whichhas beenprovidedbyROADY.TheTransportServiceProviderundertakestokeepconfidentialalldata andotherconfidentialinformationofROADYandshallnotsellorotherwisemakethatinformation available to any third party. Confidential information shall mean and include all information, whetherverbalorwritten,disclosedtotheTransportServiceProviderbyROADYorPortalusers,as thecasemaybe,butnotbelimitedtoPortalusersdetails(i.e.,PersonalInformationandsensitive personal information as defined under the Information Technology (Reasonable Security PracticesandProceduresandSensitivePersonalInformation)Rules,2011),phonenumbers,marketinformation,allworkproductsanddocumentsrelatedthereto,thecontentsoftheService ProviderApp/Portaloranyotherinformation,whetherprovidedorallyorinwriting,receivedor to be received by the Transport Service Provider. Further, the Confidential Information at no times can be disclosed to any party in the same or similar business as that of ROADY (“Competitor”). In the event, ROADY becomes aware that the Confidential Information has been disclosed to a Competitor or has been used for the benefit/interest of the Competitor, ROADY can claimsuchdirectandindirectdamagesasitmaysufferduetosuchlosses.
- License and ProprietaryRights
- LicenseGrant:SubjecttothetermsandconditionsofthisAgreement,ROADYherebygrants the Transport Service Provider a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sub licensable, non-assignable license, during the term of this Agreement, to the Service Provider App on the PortalofROADYsolelyforthepurposeofprovidingTransportServicestothePortalusersandalso for settlement of Fees between ROADY and Transport Service Provider. All rights not expressly granted to the Transport Service Provider are reserved byROADY.
- ThePortal,ServiceProviderAppandConfidentialInformation,includingbut not limited to all intellectual property rights such as company name, logos, product and service names,trademarks,servicesmarksorotherindiciaofownership(“ROADYIntellectualProperty”), shallremain(asbetweentheTransportServiceProviderandROADY)thepropertyofROADY.Neither thisAgreement,theTransportServiceProviderT&CnorTransportServiceProvider’suseofthe PortalandServiceProviderAppconveysorgrantstotheTransportServiceProvideranyrights:
- TheTransportServiceProvideragreesthatitshallnotreproduce,transcribeormakeany copiesoftheROADYIntellectualProperty,inanyformormannerandnotcopyorreverseengineer, or attempt to derive the composition or underlying information, structure or ideas of any such ROADY IntellectualProperty.
- TheTransportServiceProvideragreesandundertaketoindemnifyandtoholdharmless ROADYandotherpartiesdeterminedbyROADY,ROADYaffiliates,successors,agents,assigns,andeach of their directors, officers, employees, associates, agents, and representatives from and against anylosses,damages,liability,claims,costs,penaltyandexpenses(including,withoutlimitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) incurred by reason of (i) any breach or alleged breach by the Transport Service Provider of the Transport Service Provider’s obligations, responsibilities, representations, or warranties under the Subscription Agreement and/or Transport Service Provider T&C; (ii) breach of any service level commitments provided in Exhibit B; (ii) any infringementorunauthorizeduseofintellectualpropertyrightsofROADYincludingbutnotlimited toinfringementofintellectualpropertyrightsofROADYintheServiceProviderApporPortal(iii) any breach of the confidentiality obligations of the Transport Service Provider under this Agreement or Transport Service Provider T&C (iv) any violation of the applicable law, applicablelicenseandpermittermsofthetransportauthorities;(v)anyviolationofROADYpolicies bytheTransportServiceProvider;(vi)anyharmtothereputationandgoodwillofROADYdirectly attributable to the Transport Service Provider; (vii) death, fraud, theft, misconduct, negligence or deficiencyofTransportServicesbytheTransportServiceProvider;anynegligentactoromission committedinthecourseofTransportServiceshereunder,oranymisrepresentationmadeduring thecourseofTransportServiceshereunder;(xi)personalinjurytoorpropertydamageofuserofPortal including but not limited motor accident claims, if any, asserted against ROADY and its associatesbyreasonoftheuseandoperationofTransportServiceProvider’sVehicle(S);(viii) civil or criminal offense under law or in the opinion of ROADY; (xii) failure of the Transport ServiceProvidertomaketaxpaymentsinaccordancewithapplicablelaws.
- TheTransportServiceProvidershallbeliabletoindemnifyandholdROADYharmless against all damages, losses, costs and expenses incurred by ROADY as a consequence of any complaintfromanyuserofthePortalsreceivedbyROADYwithrespecttodeficientTransport Services.
TheDrivershallbesolelyliableforanyandallaccidents/incidentsinvolvingtheVehicle,while providing the taxi Services. ROADY shall not be held liable for any such accidents/ incidents involving the Driver’sVehicle.
AllmiscellaneousexpensespertainingtotheVehicle,suchasmaintenanceexpenditures,penalty for violation of traffic rules, etc., shall be borne solely by the Driver, and ROADY shall not be held liable or responsible for thesame.
This Agreement along with, various Exhibits and Transport Service Provider T&C, which ExhibitsandTransportServiceProviderT&Cwillbee-contracts,shallformtheentireagreement betweenthePartiesandshallsupersedeandoverrideallpreviouscommunications,eitheroralor written, between the Parties with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement, and no agreement or understanding varying or extending the same shall be binding upon any Party hereto unless arising out of the specific provisions of this Agreement or Transport Service Provider T&C. In the event of any contradiction between the terms contained under this AgreementandtheTransportServiceProviderT&C,thetermsoftheTransportServiceProvider T&C shallprevail.
- Term andTermination
- ThisAgreementshallbevalidforaperiodof5(five)yearsandshallberenewed automatically, unless otherwise agreed between theParties.
- ThePartiestothisAgreementshallbeentitledtoterminatethisAgreementwithaprior writtennoticeof7(seven)businessdaystotheotherPartywithoutassigninganyreasonforthe termination.
- ROADYshallbeentitledtoterminatethisAgreementimmediatelyforbreachofanytermsin this Agreement by the Transport ServiceProvider.
- Anynotices,requestsandothercommunicationsrequiredorpermittedhereundershallbe in writing and may be sent by any of the following means to the receiving Party at the relevant addresses set forth in thisAgreement:
- By electronicmail.
Forthepurposesofthissub-clausetheParties’electronicmailaddressesshallbethefollowing, unless otherwise intimated by the Parties to eachother,
Transport Service Provider: As provided during attachment.
- By SMS sent to mobile numberat:
ROADY: Not Applicable;
Transport Service Provider: As provided during attachment.
- By registeredmail.
- Intheeventthedeliveryofthenoticeisattemptedtobemadebymeanssetoutinclauses XI(1)(iii) and (iv) by the Party, the notice shall be deemed delivered on the third day from the date of thenotice.
- Relationship betweenParties
- During the Term of this Agreement, the Transport Service Provider shall operate as and have the status of an independent contractor and shall not act as, be or construed to be an agent or employee of ROADY. The relationship between the Parties is on a principal-to-principal basis, andnoneoftheprovisionsofthisAgreementshallbeinterpretedascreatingtherelationshipof employerandemployeebetweentheTransportServiceProviderandROADYatanytime,underany circumstancesorforanypurpose.Therefore,theTransportServiceProviderwillnotbeentitled toanyemployeebenefits,statutoryorotherwise,offeredbyROADYtoitsemployeesincludingbut not limited to wages, vacation pay, sick leave, retirement benefits, social security, worker’s compensation, health or disability benefits, or employee benefits of any kind. The Transport ServiceProvidershallberesponsibleforthepaymentofallapplicabletaxestowhichhemaybe subject as an independentcontractor.
- The Transport Service Provider agrees not to assume or create any obligation or responsibility, express or implied, on behalf of or in the name of ROADY. The Transport Service Providerdoesnothavetheauthoritytocreate,modifyorterminateacontractualrelationship(s) betweenROADYandanythirdpartyoractfororbindROADYinanyrespect.AnyactoftheTransport Service Provider on behalf of ROADY which may be regarded as over and above the duties and responsibilitiesasprovidedinthisAgreement,shallbedeemedtobeunauthorized,unlawfuland theTransportServiceProvidershallbepersonallyliableforthesame.
- If any dispute arises between the Transport Service Provider and ROADY, in connection with, or arising out of, this Agreement, the dispute shall be referred to arbitration under the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 (Indian) to be adjudicated by a sole arbitrator to be appointedbyROADY.ArbitrationshallbeheldinGuwahati, Assam.Theproceedingsofarbitrationshall beintheEnglishlanguage.Thearbitrator’sawardshallbefinalandbindingontheParties.
- Subject to clause XII (1), the courts in Guwahati shall have the exclusive jurisdiction in connection with thisAgreement.
- Inadditiontoaboveremedies,ROADYshallbeentitledtoaninteriminjunction,restraining orderorsuchotherequitablereliefasacourtofcompetentjurisdictionmaydeemnecessaryor appropriate to restrain Transport Service Provider from committing any violation of the covenantsandobligationssetoutinthisAgreement.Theseinjunctiveremediesarecumulative andareinadditiontoanyotherrightsandremediesROADYmayhaveatlaworin
ROADYmayamendtheprovisionsofthisAgreementandExhibitsannexedtothisAgreementatits owndiscretionandnotifyinaccordancewiththemeansprovidedinclauseXIsuchamendments to the Transport ServiceProvider.
DETAILS OF VEHICLE AND THE TRANSPORT SERVICE PROVIDER
Part I- Details of Vehicle:
- Information to beprovided:
- Vehicle’s license platenumber;
- Chassis or enginenumber;
- Such other information as may be required byROADY.
- Documents to beprovided:
- passbook or cancelledcheque;
- Copy of Certificate ofRegistration;
- Copy of Certificate ofFitness;
- Road taxreciepts;
- Information to beprovided:
Bank Account details of the Beneficiary (if any);
- Documents to beprovided:
- CopyofvalidDrivingLicenseofdriverswhowillbeemployedbyTransportService Provider to provide services on ROADYplatform;
- CopyofthePublicServiceBadgeissuedbytherelevantTransportDepartmentofdrivers whowillbeemployedbyTransportServiceProvidertoprovideservicesonROADYplatform;
- CopyofthePoliceverificationreportofthedriverswhowillbeemployedbyTransport ServiceProvidertoprovideservicesonROADYplatform.Providedthat,forpurposesofthepolice verification,ifROADYorROADY’sauthorizedagencyisassistingtheTransportServiceProviderwith policeverificationprocess,theTransportServiceProviderauthorizesROADYorROADY’sauthorized agency,asthecasemaybe,forappearing,signingandexecutingdocumentsinrespectofpolice verification of the Transport Service Provider from time totime;
- Self-attested copy of the EPICCard;
- Self-attested copy of PAN Card of Transport ServiceProvider;
- Copyofresidentialproofsuchasutilitybill,rationcard,passportetc.oftheTransport ServiceProvider’sanddriversemployedbyTransportServiceProvidertoprovideserviceson ROADYPlatform;
- Passbook or cancelled cheque of Transport ServiceProvider;
- Vehicle ownership documentand
- Suchotherdocuments/informationasmayberequiredbyROADY. Notes:
*Complete details on the ROADY Registration Page at partners.ROADY.in
***The Exhibit A is not appliable to the existing Transport Service Providers, whose information / documents are already available with ROADY. Provided that if any information / documentlistedintheExhibitAwasnotprovidedbytheexistingTransportServiceProviderat thetimeofattachmenttoROADYPortal,theTransportServiceProvidershallcontactthenearest ROADYattachmentofficesandsubmitsuchinformation/documentstoROADY.
DRIVER TERMS ANDCONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions (as defined) shall be applicable as set out below-
- If the Transport Service Provider (as defined in the Subscription Agreement) is an OperatorprovidingServicestotheCustomersthroughtheDriversemployedbytheOperator, theseTermsandConditionsshallbeinterpretedinthemannersoastoapplytotheOperatoras well as to the Drivers employed by the Operator;and
- IftheTransportServiceProviderisanindividualprovidingServicestotheCustomers directly, these Terms and Conditions shall be interpreted in the manner so as to apply to an individual Transport Service ProviderOperator.
AllofthedefinedandcapitalizedtermsintheseDriverT&Cwillhavethemeaningassignedto them herein below. Any term not defined here shall have the meaning assigned to it in the SubscriptionAgreement.
“Acceptance”meansyouraffirmativeactionofclickingontheboxagainstthewords“ACCEPT &CONTINUE”providedattheendoftheseDriverT&C,bywhichaction,youunequivocally accept the Driver T&C and any modificationsthereof.
“Applicable Laws” shall mean and include all applicable statutes, enactments, acts of the legislature or the Parliament, laws, ordinances, rules, by-laws, regulations, notifications, guidelines,policies,directions,directivesandordersofanyGovernmentalauthority,tribunal, board, or a court, inIndia.
“Booking” shall mean the allotted Service Request.
“BusinessDay”meansadayonwhichbanksareopenforbusinessintheCityofOperation. “Cancellation Fee” shall mean the fare payable by the Customer towards cancellation of a Booking made by aCustomer.
“CityofOperation”shallmeanthecityinwhichtheSubscriptionAgreementisexecutedbyand between the Driver andROADY.
“CommercialTermSegment”shallmeanExhibitCoftheSubscriptionAgreement,which contains the commercial terms for Service provided by theDrivers.
“Content” shall have the meaning given to it in 7.1.
“Convenience Fee” shall mean the fee payable by the Customer for availing the technology servicesofferedbyROADY.ConvenienceFeewillbechargedforeachServiceRequestplacedby the Customer on thePortal.
“Customer’sTermsofUse”shallmeantheCustomerTermsandConditionsasprovidedonthe ROADY Portal for availing theService.
“Driver” or “You” or “Your” or “Yourself” shall mean an individual, who has an Account with
ROADYandintheeventofOperatorDrivers,shallincludetheOperatorDriversforpurposesof compliance with these Terms andConditions.
“DriverApp”meanstheelectronicinterfaceontheROADYPortalfromwheretheDriver’sAccount isaccessibletotheDriver.Logincredentials(UserIDandPassword)fortheDriverAppshallbe provided byROADY.
“DriverProceeds”shallmeanthenetamountreceivablebytheDriverafterdeductionofROADY’s commissionandsuchotheramountsasmaybeprovidedintheCommercialTermsSegmentor notifiedotherwise.
“Fare” shall mean the Fare payable to the Transport Service Provider as is also reflected on the DeviceaftercompletionoftheService.TheDriverpermitsROADYtoreviewandrevisetheFareas per the marketconditions.
“Force Majeure” shall have the meaning given to in Clause 16.4.
“Information” shall mean the details furnished by the Driver at the time of signing the SubscriptionAgreementand/orotherwiseduringandaftertheDriversregistrationontheDriver App on the Portal and successful creation of anAccount.
“ROADY” or “We” or “Us” or “Our” shall mean Fabaspire Services Private Limited, a company incorporatedundertheCompaniesAct2019,andhavingitsregisteredofficeSmartWorks,
9th Floor, Victoria Plaza,Bidhannagar, Sector V,Kolkata, West Bengal – 700091,India, or its allied state operational partner / franchisee/ business associate whichexpressionshall,unlessitberepugnanttothecontextormeaningthereof,bedeemedto mean and include all its successors, affiliates and permittedassigns.
“Operator” shall mean a transport service provider who has listed himself / itself and his / its fleetofvehiclesonthePortaltoprovideServicestotheCustomersthroughtheDriversemployed by theOperator.
Parties” shall mean, collectively, the Driver and ROADY and “Party” shall refer to any one of them.
“Portal” shall mean such features of the ROADY mobile application or other programs, software, mobileapplicationsincludingbutnotlimitedtoROADYPlay,ROADYTunesandDriverApp,owned by,licensedtoandcontrolledbyROADY,andotherURLsasmaybespecifiedbyROADYfromtimeto time.
“Posted Content” shall have the meaning given to in Clause 7.4.
“Service”meanstheserviceofpickingaCustomerfromthepick-uppointaspromptedonthe Device and dropping the Customer at the drop point entered by the Customer at the time of placing his / her Service Request and accepted by theDriver.
“TotalRideFee”shallnot includetheFare,theConvenienceFee,AdditionalFee(ifany)andthe CancellationFee(ifany),reflectedontheDeviceandsuchotherfee,asmaybeapplicable.
“ServiceRequest”meansarequestplacedbytheCustomeronthePortaltoavailtheService offered by theDriver.
“SubscriptionAgreement”shallmeantheagreemententeredintobetweenROADYandtheDriver/ Operator pursuant to which the Driver / Operator has agreed to provide transport Services in accordance with these DriverT&C, as amended from time to time.
“SubscriptionAmount”shallmeantheamountpaidbytheDriveratthetimeofsubscriptionto Portal of ROADY, ifany.
“TermsandConditions”or“DriverT&C”referstotheseDriverT&Cwhichareavailableatthe Portal, as may be amended from time totime.
“Vehicle” shall mean ‘Motorcabs’ as defined under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
“ZeroTolerancePolicy”shallmeanthepolicyofROADYasdetailedundertheAnnexuretothese Driver T&C, as may be amended from time totime.
- APPLICABILITY OF DRIVERT&C
TheseDriverT&CtogetherwiththeSubscriptionAgreement,CommercialTermSegment,Zero Tolerance Policy, ROADY Policies, shall be deemed to be incorporated by reference into these Driver T&C and shall form the complete understanding between the Parties. By accepting the DriverT&C,YouacknowledgeandagreetotheSubscriptionAgreementandvariousExhibitsto theSubscriptionAgreement,ROADYPoliciesandanyotherpolicythatROADYmakesapplicableto You from time to time, to the fullest extent possible. Additionally, Youhereby understand and consent to the collection, storage and sharing of Aadhaar card and any information extracted therefrom with Third Party Vendors and/or Government Authorities, for the process of onboarding and backgroundverification.
- SCOPE OFSERVICES
- You agree that ROADY’s role is limited to being a market place solely for managing and operating the Portal for the display of the Service in the manner decided by ROADY unilaterally, payment collection through cash, or Wallet to facilitate the transactions between Youand the Customers.Accordingly,ROADYismerelyanintermediaryprovidingonlinemarketplaceservices andthePortalisonlyaplatformwhereYouThecontractfor availing the Service shall be a contract solely between Youand the Customer. At no time shall ROADYhaveanyobligationsorliabilitiesinrespectofsuchcontract.
- The Driver confirms and undertakes that ROADY does not own or in any way control the VehicleROADYshallnotbeheldliable or responsible in any manner whatsoever for any insufficiency or deficiency of the Service renderedbytheDrivertotheCustomer.ROADYdoesnotmakeanyrepresentationsorwarranties regarding the quality of the Service provided byyou.
- SERVICE REQUEST
- TheDrivershalldulycompleteallBookingsallottedinconnectionwiththeServicesand promptly notify ROADY immediately by means of short message service / telephonic calls of any changes/deviationstotheBooking,whichmayaffecttheprovisionoftheService.
- In the event the Driver requires any assistance in connection with the Portal, Service Requests, Service etc. therein, he / she should contact the ROADY call centre. If the assistance pertainsspecificallytotheDevice,DriverApp,Portaloranythingtherein,thensuchissuemay be directed to the call centers ofROADY.
- UponaServiceRequestbeingallottedtotheDriverontheDriverApp,ROADYmayprovide to the Customer, the picture of the Driver, details of the Vehicle including vehicle number and model, mobile phone number of the driver and such other information as required under Applicable Laws or as ROADY may deem fit, as the case may be, required by the Customer to identify the Driver and
- Once a Booking is allotted, ROADY will provide the Driver with the necessary Customer informationinordertoenabletheDrivertosatisfactorilyprovidetheService.Suchinformation shallbetreatedasconfidentialinformationintermsofClause13
- Intheevent,theDriverisafemale;theDrivershallnotacceptServiceRequestsfrom 20:00 hours in the evening to 08:00 hours in themorning.
- WhenYouusetheDriverApponROADY’sPortalorsendemailsorotherdata,information or communication to ROADY, You agree and understand that You are communicating with ROADY through electronic records and You consent to receive communications via electronic records fromROADYperiodicallyandasandwhenrequired.ROADYmaycommunicatewithYoubyemailor by such other mode of communications, electronic orotherwise.
- You hereby expressly consent to receive communication from ROADY through Your registeredphonenumberand/ore-mailid.YouconsenttobecontactedbyROADYviaphonecalls/ SMS notifications. You agree that any communication so received by You from ROADY will not amounttospam,unsolicitedcommunicationoraviolationofYourregistrationonthe‘national do not callregistry’.
- By registering with ROADY, You hereby agree to (i) provide Information that ROADY has a legal duty to request from a Driver on account of the Know Your Customer norms under ApplicableLawsincludingwithoutlimitationyourPermanentAccountNumber(PAN);and(ii) undertakeduediligenceandupdateYourselfonApplicableLawsthatmayhaveimplicationson Your liability as a
- You acknowledgeandagreethatYourInformationmaybetransferredorstoredina
serveroutsideIndiaorthecountrywhereYouarelocatedinordertoperformROADY’sobligations under these DriverT&C.
- OBLIGATIONS OF THEDRIVER
- TheDrivershallensureandconfirmthatheunderstandsthelanguageoftheDriverApp/ Portalandshallensurethathe/shechoosesthelanguagethathebestsunderstandsfromamongst the languages that the Driver App / Portalsupports.
- TheServiceprovidedthroughthePortalbytheDrivershallbeofthehighestqualityas perindustrystandardsandinaccordancewiththeoralandwrittenrequirementsofROADY.The DrivershallbeliableforanylosscausedtoROADYand/ortheCustomerduetonegligenceofthe Driver in the performance of theService.
- The Driver be deemed to be informed and shall also strive to stay informed about conditions such as bandhs, strikes, curfews, traffic disruptions, weather conditions and the like thatcouldaffecttheService.TheDrivershall,immediatelyintimateROADY,anddiscloseanysuch aforesaid calamity that he may become awareof.
- The Driver shall ensure registration of Vehicle at all times and shall hold and keep updated/renewedalllicenses,insuranceandpermitsnecessaryfortheuseofVehicleonthe Portals.
- TheDrivershallnotundertakeorassistinanyunlawfulorillegalactivitywhile performingServices.
- The Driver, or any Transport Service Provider shall not allow unauthorized persons to drivetheROADYreservestherighttotakeanyactionatitssolediscretionforanyviolation by the Driver or the Transport Service Provider, which may extend to but not limited to termination an/or other legalaction.
- TheDriveroranyTransportServiceProvidershallensurethesafetyandsecurityofthe Customers, his own self and that of the vehicle at alltimes.
TheDrivershallimmediatelybringtothenoticeofROADYanydeviationfromtheprovisionofthe Service/s as required under the terms of these Driver T&C, including but not limited to any accidents, damage to life orproperty.
- TheDriveragreesthatanybreachoftheSubscriptionAgreementortheseDriverT&Cby him/herislikelytocauseROADYsubstantialandirreparabledamageandtherefore,intheeventof anysuchbreach,inadditiontosuchotherremedieswhichmaybeavailableROADYshallhavethe right to specific performance and injunctiverelief.
- TheDrivershallensurecomprehensiveinsuranceincludingwithoutlimitationthirdparty insuranceofVehiclesandsuchotherinsuranceasmayberequiredbyApplicableLawisobtained andalwaysmaintained,andtheCustomerand/orROADYshallnotbeliablefortakinginsuranceor paying premium thereof in respect of the Vehicle or any liability arising out of plying of such
- The Driver shall ensure that he is not using the Device for any purpose other than for providingServiceinthemannerprovidedundertheseDriverT&C.TheDrivershallensurethat theDeviceisnotbusyforlong,unavailableorswitchedoffwhiletheVehicleisbeingpliedon thePortal.
- TheDrivershallnotuse/accessvideo/interactivecontentonthePortalwhentheDriver is driving the However, during halts / stops requested by the Customer, Driver may access video / interactive content on the Portal, provided that the Driver shall ensure that such access / use during halts / stops doesn’t lead to deficiency of Service or negligence towards the Customer.
- OnallotmentofaBookinginresponsetoaServiceRequest,theDrivershallensurethat the Vehicle arrives prior to the pick-uptime.
- The Driver shall ensure that the Customer pays the Total Ride Fee as well as additional surcharge (if applicable) and any fee or levy presently payable or hereinafter imposed by ApplicableIntheevent,theCustomerpaysbycashfortheServices,theTransportService ProvidershallcollecttheTotalRideFeeandremittheConvenienceFeeandCancellationFee(if any), to ROADY in the manner solely determined byROADY.
- TheDriverwillhaveafunctioningmobilenumberandalsohavetheabilitytoreadtext messagessentbyROADY,regardingtheCustomerdetailsandtoconveyCustomerfeedback.
- In the event any Customer leaves his/her property in the Vehicle, the same shall not be pilferedortamperedwithbytheDriverandshallbereportedimmediatelybytheDriverdirectly toROADY.IntheeventtheDriverpilfersortamperswiththepropertyoftheCustomer,theDriver shall be solely liable for any damages claimed by the Customer and ROADY may at its sole discretionterminatetheDriver’sregistrationanddisabletheDriver’saccesstothePortal.ROADY shallinnoeventbeliableforlossofordamagecausedtothepropertyoftheCustomer.
- DriverherebyacknowledgesandagreesthatROADYshallaloneberesponsibleforsettling any payment related issues between Customer and In case of any conflict, the Driver shall seek instructions from ROADY. The Driver agrees that the decision taken by ROADY shall be final and binding on the Driver in the aforesaidcase.
- The Driver shall make himself/ herself available for such trainings as ROADY may be requiredtoorganizepursuanttoApplicableLaworasROADYmaydeemnecessaryfromtimeto time.
- TheVehicleshallbethesoleresponsibilityoftheDriversandtheDrivershallbeliableor responsibleforanylossordamagetotheVehiclecausedbyaCustomeroranyotherthirdparty for any reasonwhatsoever.
- TheDrivershallnotdriverashly,shallfollowtrafficregulationsandallApplicableLaws during the performance of the Services, wear seat belt, not consume liquor / cigarette / bidi, or any other kind of intoxicant while performing the Service/(s) and shall have and hold a valid drivinglicenseandregistration/insurancepapersfortheVehicleTheDrivershallnot takeanypersonalcallsexceptintheeventofanemergency,withoutprejudicingthesafetyofthe Vehicle and the Customer. Driver shall take all calls from the Customer and ROADY only after stoppingtheVehicleatanappropriatelocationtotakethecall,withoutbeingahindrancetothe traffic around him or without violating any trafficrules.
- Any cancellation of the allotted Booking is prohibited except in exceptional circumstances based on a justifiable explanation provided by the The Driver shall immediatelyinformROADYincaseofanycancellationorrefusalofallottedBooking.Further,the DriverherebyagreessuchcancellationorrefusaltoprovideServicemay,leadtoadeductionin form of withholding of part or whole of the DriverProceeds.
- TheDriveragreesthatthecostsassociatedwiththemaintenanceoftheVehicleshallbe borne by the
- The Driver shall be solely responsiblefor:
- anyactoromissiononthepartofitsDriversincludinganyrashandnegligentdriving, verbal, physical or harassment of anynature;
- any violation or non-adherence to theApplicable Law by it;
- anynuisanceordamagecausedtothepropertyofROADYbytheDriveroranymisbehavior withROADYrepresentatives;misbehaviorshallincludewithinitspurviewusingabusivelanguage, causing physical harm and making indecentgestures;
- anyphysicaland/ormortaldangercausedtotheCustomerswhilstusingorinconnection with theService;
- chargingexcessTotalFeefromtheCustomerorchargingtheCustomermorethanwhatis displayed on the meter;and
- The Driver, shall not either directly orindirectly:
- engageinanyconductthatdamagesthereputationorcausesinconvenienceinany manner, to ROADY;or
- TheDriverherebyagreesthatanycomplaint/sbyCustomersregardingtheVehicleor DriverwillbeconsideredtobeabreachoftheobligationsbytheDriverhereunderforwhich ROADYshallnotberesponsibleinanyIfthereisanyseriouscomplaintregardingany particularVehicleand/orDriver,ROADYmay,initssolediscretion,immediatelyterminatethe AccountofsuchDriver,byprovidingawrittennoticetoDrivertothiseffect.
- Driver will maintain all relevant books, records and accounts relating to the Services provided by Driver and payments collected. Upon reasonable notice, ROADY may audit, or may appointaqualifiedindependentauditortoaudit,thebooksandrecordsoftheDrivertoverifythe accuracy of the amount of payments collected by the If such audit reveals any discrepancieswithrespecttothepaymentcollectedandsubmittedtoROADY,theninadditiontoROADY retaining the right to exercise other remedies, may require the Driver to promptly pay ROADY an amount equal to the discrepancy and may ask for an additional amount as fine from the Driver. The audits will be conducted at ROADY’s expense; provided, however, that if the audit reveals an underpayment by the Driver with respect to collection and submission of payments to ROADY in excessof5%(fivepercent),thenDriver,inadditiontopaymentobligationsdescribedabove,will promptly reimburse ROADY for all reasonable, third party auditfees.
- ROADY may require the Driver to affix ROADY brand including but not limited to its logo / stickerontheInsuchevent,Drivershallextendallnecessarysupportandassistanceto ROADYforaffixingROADYbrandontheVehicle.ItisherebyclarifiedthatDriverwillnotbeentitled
- CONTENTS POSTED ON PORTAL / DRIVERAPP
- All text, graphics, user interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, trademarks, logos, sounds,music,artworkandcomputercode(collectively,“Content”),includingbutnotlimitedto the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, “look and feel” and arrangement of suchContent,containedonthePortal/DriverAppisowned,controlledorlicensedbyortoROADY and is protected under the Applicable
- Copy, reproduce, modify, damage, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer or create derivativeworksincluding,withoutlimitation,translations,transformations,adaptationsorother recastoralteredversions)fromthePortal/DriverApp,oranyportionthereof;
- Breach,disable,tamperwith,ordeveloporuse(orattempt)anyworkaroundforany security measure provided in the Portal / DriverApp;
- Sendspamorotherwiseduplicativeorunsolicitedmessagesinviolationofapplicable laws,sendorstoreinfringing,obscene,threatening,libelous,orotherwiseunlawfulortortuous material,includingmaterialharmfultochildrenorviolativeofthirdpartyprivacyrights;
- Storeordisseminatematerialcontainingsoftwareviruses,worms,trojanhorsesorother harmful computer code, files, scripts, agents orprograms;
- UsethePortal/DriverAppinawaythatinfringesormisappropriatesathirdparty’s intellectual property rights or personalrights;
- Useanydevice,software,orroutinetointerfereorattempttointerferewiththeproper workingofthePortal/DriverApporanyactivitiesconductedontheROADY’sservers;
- Copy,sell,sub-licenseorassignthePortal/DriverApp,anditsrightsundertheseDriver T&C, without the prior written consent ofROADY;
- Distribute,discloseorallowuseofthePortal/DriverAppbyanythirdpartyinany format,throughanytimesharingservice,servicebureau,networkorbyanyothermeans;or
- MergeorcombinethePortal/DriverAppwithanyothertechnologynotprovidedby ROADY.
- YoumayuseinformationonthePortal/DriverApppurposelymadeavailablebyROADY fordownloadingfromthePortal/DriverApp,providedthatYou:
- usesuchinformationonlyforYourpersonal,non-commercialinformationalpurposeand donotcopyorpostsuchinformationonanynetworkedcomputerorbroadcastitinanymedia;or
- make no modifications to any such information;or
- You shall be solely responsible for any notes, messages, e-mails, billboard postings, photos, drawings, profiles, opinions, ideas, images, videos, audio files or other materials or informationpostedortransmittedtothePortal/DriverApp(“PostedContent”),providedthat such Posted Content is not restricted or prohibited under Applicable Laws or such Posted Content is not infringing any third party’s proprietary rights. Subject to the foregoing, such PostedContentwillbecomeROADY’spropertyandYougrantROADYtheworldwide,perpetualand transferablerightsinsuchPostedContent.ROADYshallbeentitledto,usethePostedContentor
any of its elements for any type of use forever, including but not limited to promotional and advertising purposes and in any media whether now known or hereafter devised, including the creationofderivativeworksthatmayincludePostedContent.YouagreethatanyPostedContent may be used by ROADY in the manner that ROADY deems fit, consistent with Applicable Laws and Youare not entitled to any payment or other compensation for such use of Posted Content by ROADY. ROADY will use such information in accordance with the Driver T&C including any ROADY Policies. You hereby represent and warrant that Youhave necessary rights to all the Posted Content and information You provide and are authorized to provide such Posted Content and information for the Portal. Notwithstanding anything contained in this Section, You shall be solelyresponsibleforanyliabilityarisingoutofthePostedContentonthePortal.
- ROADY’S RESERVEDRIGHTS
- ROADYmay,uponnoticetotheDriver,delistorremovetheInformationpertainingtothe Driver from the Portal / DriverApp.
- Notwithstandingtheforegoing,ROADYshallbeentitledtodisclosetoallcompanieswithin its group, or any government body as may be required by law or by any official directive or requestfromsuchgovernmentbodyoranythirdpartythroughacourtprocessorotherofficial agency, Your particulars, in any way as ROADY, in its absolute discretion, deems fit or if it considers it in its interests to doso.
- REPRESENTATIONS ANDWARRANTIES
- You represent and warrantthat:
- YouareeligibleforregistrationonthePortal/DriverAppandcreationofanAccountin terms of these DriverT&C.
- Youhaveallrequisitepowerandauthorityto,deliverandperformtheobligations imposedherein;
- The execution and performance of the obligations do not and will not violate any provisionofanyexistingagreement,law,rule,regulation,anyorderorjudicialpronouncement to which You are aparty;
- YouaretherightfulowneroftheVehicleorhavetherequisiteauthorityorassignmentto drive the Vehicle and there are no restrictions with respect to the use of the Vehicle that will hinder You from the performance of theServices;
- Youhaveallrights,licensesandpermitsasmayrequirebyApplicableLawstoperform the Service in accordance with the terms of the Driver Agreement and these Driver T&C. The Driver hereby represents that he shall maintain and continue to maintain all local licenses, permits, approvals and consents in respect the You shall be responsible and liable for any violation of any law, rule or regulation in the performance of its obligations under these DriverT&C.
- YouhavenotbeenconvictedbyanycourtinIndiaoranyothercountryofanycrimes includingbutnotlimitedtoinvolvingmoralturpitude.Further,Youarenotapartytoany
pending litigation which shall materially affect Your obligations under these Driver T&C.
- You undertake that, at all times during the Term, Youwill:
- abidebytheseDriverT&C,ZeroTolerancePolicyandtheROADYPolicies,asmaybemade applicable to You from time totime;
- perform the Service/(s) in accordance with allApplicable Laws;
- notviolatetheintellectualpropertyrightsofROADYorofanythirdpartyandforanybreach or violation of such intellectual propertyrights,
- be solely responsible to comply with ROADY Policies and adopt appropriate processes to preventofferinganyillegalgratificationintheformofbribesorgiftseitherincashorinkindin thecourseofalldealingswithROADYortheCustomeroranyotherthirdparties.
- You understand and acknowledge that ROADY disclaims and shall disclaim all representations and warranties to the Customer, of any kind, whether express or implied as to condition,suitability,quality,merchantabilityandfitnessforanypurposesinrespectofanyand allVehiclesoftheDriverthatareusedbytheCustomersasapartoftheServicesandServices offered by the Driver through thePortal.
- ROADYdoesnotwarrantthatYouwillbeabletousethePortal/DriverAppand/orwillbe able to provide the Service/(s) at all times or locations on the Portal or that the Portal / Driver AppandtheServicesprovidedthroughthePortal/DriverAppwillbeuninterruptedorerror-free orthatthedefectswillbecapableofbeingcorrectedbyROADYinatimelyfashion.ROADY’sPortal, andallothertechnologydevelopedandinstalledontheDevicebyROADYareprovidedonan“AS IS”and“ASAVAILABLE”basisandROADYspecificallydisclaimsallwarrantiesandindemnities, express, implied or statutory, including without limitation any warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, completeness, or any other warranty arising from the courseofperformanceorcourseofdealing.ROADYalsodoesnotprovideanywarrantiesasregards thecompatibilityofROADY’sPortal,DriverApporanyotherinstalledtechnologywiththeDevice of the Driver and the results as well as performance of the Portal / Driver App may vary depending on the model of theDevice.
- YouacknowledgethatpursuanttothisDriverT&C,Youwillhaveaccesstoconfidential informationofROADYanditsaffiliateswhichhasbeenprovidedbyROADY.Youundertaketokeep confidentialalldataandotherconfidentialinformationofROADYandshallnotsellorotherwise make that information available to any thirdparties.
- Exceptasotherwiseagreed,thedataofCustomerswillbetheexclusivepropertyofROADY, andYouwillnotusethesameforYourownpurposeordistributesuchdatainanyformormeans except for the purpose of these Driver T&C and shall keep it confidential at all times. Confidential information would include but not be limited to Customer details, market information, all work products and documents related thereto, the contents of the Portal, Driver App or any other information which is treated as confidential by ROADY, and any other information,whetherorallyorinwriting,receivedortobereceivedbyYouwhichisagreedtobe treated as confidential, whether expressly or byimplication.
- INDEMNIFICATION AND LIMITATION OFLIABILITY
agents, assigns, and each of their directors, officers, employees, associates, agents, and representatives from and against any losses, damages, liability, claims, costs, penalty and expenses(including,withoutlimitation,reasonableattorneys’fees)incurredbyreasonof(i)any breachorallegedbreachbyYouoftheYourobligations,performanceorobservanceofYourrole, functions,responsibilities,representations,orwarrantiesundertheDriverT&C;(ii)anyviolation of ROADY Policies or any other policies provided by ROADY; (iii) any harm to the reputation and goodwillofROADY;(iv)anyclaimofviolationofintellectualpropertyofathirdpartybyDriver’s usage of ROADY’s intellectual property in a manner not permitted under these Driver T&C; (v) Driver’smisconductorunauthorizedaccesstodataonthePortalorpermittinginanywaybythe Driver the transfer of such data to the competitors of ROADY or its affiliates or to any third party; and (vii) fraud, negligence and misconduct of theDriver.
- YoushallbeliabletoindemnifyandholdROADYharmlessagainstalldamages,losses, costsandexpensesincurredbyROADYasaconsequenceofanycomplaintfromanyCustomer received by ROADY with respect to defectiveService/(s).
- InadditiontotheindemnificationrightsofROADYundertheseDriverT&C,ROADYshallalso beentitledtosuchotherremediesavailableunderApplicableLaws.
- In no event will ROADY be liable for any losses arising from or in connection with these DriverT&C,pursuanttoanyclaimbytheDriveragainstROADYundercontract,tortorotherwise, ifsuchlossescouldhavebeenavoidedbytheDriverusingreasonableeffortstomitigatethem. Further, ROADY shall also not be liable to the Driver in contract, tort or otherwise for indirect, special,incidental,exemplary,punitive,orconsequentialdamagesofanykindwhatsoevereven if advised of the possibility of such damages. Notwithstanding anything contrary contained elsewhereintheAgreement,thetotalcumulativeliabilityofROADYtotheDriverortoanyperson claimingunderorthroughit,shallnotexceedINR1000/-(RupeesOneThousandonly).
- ROADY shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage, howsoever caused or sufferedbytheDriverarisingoutoftheuseoftheserviceofferedbyROADYtotheDriverdirectly or indirectly, for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to damage or loss caused to You as a result of a Customer’s non-compliance, which includes, but is not limited to, any incorrectly placed voice instructions, malfunction, partial or total failure of any network terminal, data processing system, computer tele-transmission or telecommunications system or othercircumstanceswhetherornotbeyondthecontrolofROADYoranypersonoranyorganization involved in the above mentioned systems. The Driver shall also be liable to ROADY for any loss caused to ROADY due to the negligence of Driver or any unlawful act or omission in the performance of the Service. Without prejudice to the above, ROADY shall not be liable for any direct or indirect loss or damage, which may be suffered by the Driver as a result of any failure by a Customer to show up within any stipulated time even if ROADY has agreed to such timing or eveniftheCustomerhasadvisedROADYofthepossibilitythathe/shemaynotshowupwithinthe stipulatedtime.
- TERMINATION OF DRIVERREGISTRATION
- ThePartiestotheseDriverT&CshallbeentitledtoterminatetheseDriverT&Cwitha priorwrittennoticeof7(seven)BusinessDaystotheotherPartywithoutassigninganyreason for thetermination.
- ThePartiestotheseDriverT&CshallbeentitledtoterminatetheseDriverT&Cforany breachofanyobligations,representationsorwarranties,oranyothermaterialtermsascontained inthisDriverT&CbyaPartywhichisnotthePartyproposingtoterminatetheDriverT&Cat
theendof5(five)daysfromtheintimationofsuchbreachtothebreachingParty,ifsuchbreach is not rectified within 5 (five)days.
- Upon termination of these Driver T&C in the manner set out in Clause 14.1 and 14.2 above,theregistrationoftheDriveronthePortalshallstandcancelledandtheAccountshallbe terminatedandtheDrivershallnotbeeligibletoplyhisVehicle
- Upon the expiry or early termination of these DriverT&C:
- ROADYmay,atitsowndiscretion,returntheSubscriptionAmountwithsuchdeductionsas mayberequiredtobemadefortheamountsandpenalties/SuspectChargesduetobepaidbythe Driver to ROADY under these DriverT&C.
- OntheterminationofYourregistration,ROADYwillsettletheDriverProceedswhichhave becomeduetoYouonaccountoftheServicetotheCustomersthroughthePortalandforother activitiesagreedundertheSubscriptionAgreement,priortothedateoftermination.
- EachPartyshallpromptlyreturntotheotherPartyallpropertyandmaterialsincludingall devices and including confidential information and materials, furnished to it by the other Party pursuanttotheseDriverT&Cand/ortheSubscriptionAgreementbetweentheParties.Wherethe confidential information cannot be returned in material form, the Party shall destroy the other Party’s
- The Parties shall cease acting in a manner that would imply a continuing relationship between the Parties and shall cease all marketing and other activities contemplated under these DriverT&Cand/ortheSubscriptionAgreement.Inconnectionwiththemarketingactivities,on terminationorexpirationoftheSubscriptionAgreementalongwiththeDriverT&C,theDriver shall ensure that ROADY branding affixed / displayed on the Vehicle and / or any other branding affixed/displayedontheVehicle(asdirectedbyROADYandmutuallyagreedbetweentheParties), if any, shall be immediately removed. If the Driver is unable to remove the branding himself, DrivershallpromptlyapproachROADY’sROADYdisclaims allliabilities,whethercivil,criminal,tortious,orotherwise,thatmayaccrueasaconsequenceof continued use of any branding by the Driver after expiry or termination of the Subscription Agreement and DriverT&C.
- Clauses7(ContentsPostedonMobileApplication),9(PrivacyTerms),11(Disclaimer), 12(Confidentiality),13(IndemnificationandLimitationofLiability),14(TerminationofDriver Registration) and 15 (Dispute Resolution, Governing Law and Jurisdiction) shall survive the expiry/terminationoftheseDriverT&Cinaccordancewiththeirterms.
- ExpiryorearlierterminationofthisAgreementwillnotprejudiceanyrightsoftheParties that may have accrued prior to expiry ortermination.
- Withoutprejudicetotheforegoing,theterminationofYourregistrationpursuanttoanyof the provisions contained herein above shall not limit or otherwise affect any other remedy (includingaclaimfordamages),whichROADYmayhave,arisingoutoftheeventwhichgaverise to the right oftermination.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION, GOVERNING LAW ANDJURISDICTION
- IfanydisputearisesbetweenYouandROADY,inconnectionwith,orarisingoutof,these DriverT&C,thedisputeshallbereferredtoarbitrationundertheArbitrationandConciliation Act, 1996 (Indian) to be adjudicated by a sole arbitrator to be appointed by ROADY. Arbitration shallbeheldinGuwahati.TheproceedingsofarbitrationshallbeintheEnglishlanguage.The arbitrator’s award shall be final and binding on theParties.
- TheseDriverT&Cshallbegovernedbyandconstruedinaccordancewiththelawsof India.
- 1,thecourtsinGuwahatishallhavetheexclusivejurisdictionin connection with thisAgreement.
- Inadditiontoaboveremedies,ROADYshallbeentitledtoaninteriminjunction,restraining orderorsuchotherequitablereliefasacourtofcompetentjurisdictionmaydeemnecessaryor appropriate to restrain You from committing any violation of Your covenants and obligations. These injunctive remedies are cumulative and are in addition to any other rights and remedies ROADY may have at law or in
- Entire Agreement: The Parties hereby agree that the Subscription Agreement, Exhibits and these Driver T&C along with Commercial Term Segment, ROADY Policies, Zero Tolerance PolicyandanyotherpolicythatROADYnotifiestotheDriverfromtimetotimeshallconstitutethe entire agreement between them and shall supersede and override all previous communications, eitheroralorwritten,betweenthepartieswithrespecttothesubjectmatterofthisAgreement.In the event of any contradiction or inconsistency between the Driver T&C and any other agreement executed between the parties, the terms of the Driver T&C shall prevail unless the exception has been expressly agreed to in writing by making reference to the relevant Clause sought to be modified under these DriverT&C.
- Independent Contractor Status: The relationship created by Driver T&C is that of independent contractors, and not partners, franchisees or joint ventures. No employees, consultants, sub-contractors or agents of one party is or will be deemed to be employees, consultants,contractorsoragentsoftheotherparty,nordotheyhaveanyauthoritytobindthe otherpartybycontractorotherwisetoanyobligation,exceptasexpresslysetforthherein.The DrivershallnotbedeemedforanypurposetobeanemployeeofROADYoranyofitsAffiliates. ROADYshallnotberesponsibletotheDriveroranygoverningbodyforanypayroll-relatedtaxes relatedtotheperformanceofServiceshereunder,includingbutnotlimitedto,withholdingor other taxes related to central or state income tax, social security benefits or unemployment compensation.
- Assignment: Neither these Driver T&C nor any of the rights, interests or obligations hereundershallbeassignedbytheDrivertoanythirdparty,withoutthepriorwrittenconsentof ROADY.ROADYmay,atitssolediscretion,assigntherights,interestsorobligationshereundertoany personwhosoever.
- Force Majeure: Any delay in or failure to perform any obligations by either party under the Driver T&C shall not constitute default hereunder if and to the extent caused by force majeure, which is defined to be occurrences beyond the reasonable control of such Party committingdefault,includingandlimitedtoactsofthegovernmentauthorities,actsofGod,fire, flood, explosion, riots, war, rebellion, insurrection (“Force Majeure”). Provided, however, youshall give prompt written notice within a period of 7 (seven) days from the date of the force majeureoccurrencetoROADY.Youshalluseallreasonableeffortstoavoidorremovesuchcause of non-performance and shall continue performance hereunder whenever such causes of force majeure are removed. In the event the Force Majeure event continues for a period of 7 (seven) days from the date on which ROADY receives the notice from Youas above, ROADY shall have the right to terminate these DriverT&C.
- Notices:Anynotices,requestsandothercommunicationsrequiredorpermittedhereunder shall be in writing and may be sent by any of the following means to the receiving Party at the relevant addresses set forth in these DriverT&C:
- By electronicmail.
Forthepurposesofthissub-clausetheParties’electronicmailaddressesshallbethefollowing, unless otherwise intimated by the Parties to eachother,
Transport Service Provider: As provided during attachment.
- By SMS sent to mobile numberat:
ROADY: Not Applicable;
Transport Service Provider: As provided during attachment.
9th Floor, Victoria Plaza,
Bidhannagar, Sector V,
Kolkata, West Bengal – 700091
Transport Service Provider: As provided during attachment.
- By registered mail. Same as mentioned in 16.5(iii)above.
In the event the delivery of the notice is attempted to be made at all the contact addresses providedbytheparty,thenoticeshallbedeemeddeliveredonthethirddayfromthedateofthe notice.
- Waiver: Either party may exercise a right, power or remedy at its discretion and separatelyorconcurrentlywithanotherright,powerorNofailureordelayonpartof anyPartyheretoexercisinganyright,powerorprivilegehereundershalloperateasawaiver thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right, power or privilege hereunder preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other rights, powers or privileges by suchparty.
- Severability:Anyprovisionthatisprohibitedorunenforceableinanyjurisdictionwill,as to such jurisdiction, be ineffective to the extent of such prohibition or unenforceability without invalidating the remaining portions hereof or affecting the validity or enforceability of such provision in any otherjurisdiction.
- Amendment:TheseDriverT&CmaybemodifiedoramendedbyROADYatitssoleand absolutediscretion.
ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY
DriverwillstrictlyfollowZEROTOLERANCEpolicywhichshallbesubjecttochangeandany changes shall be intimated to the Driver from time to time via SMS or e-mail. ZERO TOLERANCE policy is mentionedbelow:
Breach/ Fine Consequences: AS INFORMED BY ROADY FROM TIME TO TIME
- Asking fortips:
DrivershallnotProactivelyaskfor‘tips’fromtheCustomer.Drivershallnothasslethe Customer forchange.
- Wasting Customer’sTime:
Driver shall not stop the Vehicle for filling fuel
in between the journey. Driver shall not make any Personal stops during the journey.
DrivershallwearneatROADYcabsuniform&badge(ifprovidedbyFabAspire ServicesPrivate Limited) at all times during dutyhour.
Driver shall maintain personal hygiene.
Driver shall greet Customers both at pick up and drop.
Driver shall manage the luggage (both at pick-up and drop point).
Driver shall ensure that vehicle’s AC is turned on before Customer sits in the Vehicle.
Driver shall keep the Vehicle and dashboard clean.
Driver shall make the Vehicle available for field audit within 2 days’ time period from such breach.TillthennobookingsshallbeprovidedandtheVehiclewillbeblockedfromthedevice.
Driver shall not unnecessarily blow horn.
DrivershallnotproactivelyengageintoapersonalconversationwiththeCustomerandshallnot resort to any kind of unpleasant behavior withCustomers.
- No Smoking/Tobacco/Pan/Masala/FoodItem:
Driver shall not smoke inside the Vehicle.
- The Driver shall ensure that hehas
- TheDrivershouldnotmakeanyfakecallsorgiveanymissedcallstothe Customer’s contact
TheDrivershouldonlygiveacalltotheCustomerinformingtheCustomeraboutthearrivalof the Vehicle at the destination. Driver shall not make unwarranted use of the Customer contact details after the customer has been dropped at thedestination.
- The Drivers shall be well versed with the routes. The Driver shall not take any long route when there is another short route known to him for reaching the destination. The Driversarenotexpectedtohaltatseveralplacesduringthejourneyduetolackofknowledgeof theroutes.
- Delay In Pick –Up:
Driver should reach the pickup point (before pick-up time ).
Driver must intimate the Customer that he has reached at the pick – up location.
- Drivershouldkeephismobile‘ON’whileheisloggedintotheROADYPortaland he should receive every callof
DrivershouldnotmakeanydeliberateattempttoparktheVehiclein‘non-network’areawhile the Customer is away for his/her personalwork.
- Rude Behavior with FemaleCustomer:
Driver shall not under any circumstance
argue with the Customer/use abusive words / raise his voice tone while talking to the Customer.
Driver should follow the instructionsgiven by Customer as well as by ROADY Call Centre.
- Mobile PhoneUsage:
Drivershallnotusemobilephones(unlessforemergencypurposes)whiledriving.Thisincludes but not limited to SMS, video calls, voice, MMS anddownloading.
However, this shall not apply in case of calls from ROADY representatives and the Customer.
- Reporting To ROADY:
Driver shall not lie about Vehicle’s position to
the ROADY representative. Driver shall not report meter readings incorrectly. Driver shall provide openingandclosingreadingsoftheodometerontimeasandwhensuchreadingisrequiredtobe provided by the ROADYrepresentatives.
Driver shall not exceed the speed limit of:
- 50 Kms per hour within thecity;
speedlimits.Drivershouldnotapplysuddenbreaksandshouldnottakesharpturnsthatmay cause inconvenience to theCustomer.
- Driving License (DL) & Other RTODocuments:
WhileondutyhourswithROADYitismandatorytokeepDLandallrelevantRTOimpactingpapers (T-permit, PUC, Insurance, RC,etc.).
- Drivershallnotrejectthebookingonhisownatthetimeofallotmentunderany circumstances (unless permitted byROADY).
logged in and shall not switch off his mobile under any circumstances.
Driver should hand over the luggage or bags to the office, if the Customer has mistakenly
leftanyluggageinhiscabortheDrivershouldcalltotheCustomerandinformhimthathehas forgotten his belonging in thecabs.
Driver shall obey all traffic rules including traffic signals.
Driver shall keep all statutorydocuments(insurancedocuments,vehicleregistrationbook/card,PUCCertificate,etc.)atall times.
Driver shall wear seat belt all the time while driving.
- Driver lying or completing service inbad-faith:
Driver should follow the best and shortest possible route to reach the destination. Drivershouldnotmisrepresentormisguidetheroutesordutyslipstoincreasethefare.
- Drivershallnotconsume/intakeorbeundertheinfluenceofalcoholornarcotic substances while logged into the ROADYPortal.
- Abusive or discriminatoryDriver:
Driver should not do anything
like abusing the Customer, talking to Customer or any such behavior which shall make the Customerfeeluncomfortableduringjourney.DrivershouldnotdiscriminateagainstCustomer foranyreason,includingonthebasisofsex,race,caste,creed,religion,disabilityornationality.
- Rude behavior/ Customerinconvenience:
DrivershouldnotasktheCustomertogetdownfromhisvehicleinthemiddleofthejourney even if any misunderstanding orverbal
fights happen between the Customer and the Driver. If his Vehicle gets breakdown he
himselfshouldcalltheROADYofficeandmakearrangementforanothervehicleatanycostforthe Customer and drop the Customer to the droplocation.
- Extra OrdinaryCircumstances:
- Maximum Weight
Never load the vehicle above the manufacturer’s maximum specified weight.
- Medically Fit
Never drive the vehicle if medical conditions will impact the driving.
Unauthorized Goods or Persons
Not carry any unauthorized goods or persons till the completion of the Ride.
COMMERCIAL TERMS SEGMENT
DetailsofthefollowingcommercialtermswillbeinformedbyROADYfromtimetotime: Description of CommercialTerms
- Transport Service Provider Device Model & SerialNo.
- Commission Payable to ROADY (Percentage) [ROADYCabs]
- AllpaymentsduetotheTransportServiceProvidershallbemadethroughNEFT/RTGS etc., as mutually agreed from time totime.
- Incentive(ifany)maybegiventotheTransportServiceProviderbyROADYfromtimeto time.TheIncentivesshallbedeterminedaftertakingintoconsiderationalldues,fines,charges, interest,claims,costs,expensesetc..Forthesakeofclarity,boththepartiesacknowledgeand agree that the foregoing amounts are only for limited purposes of arriving at the value of Incentives.
- YouauthorizeROADYtomakedeductionsfromtheTransportServiceProviderProceeds which includes thefollowing:
- service tax and other applicable taxes;and
- andanyotheramountsdueandpayablebytheTransportServiceProvidertoROADYasper applicable
- The terms in this Commercial Terms Segment is subject to change and will be communicatedtotheTransportServiceProviderviaSMS/calltoregisteredmobile
- The Transport Service Provider hereby agrees that discounts given to the users of the Portal, if any, will be decided by ROADY on a case-to-case basis which shall be informed to the TransportServiceProviderbyROADY,andtheFeefinallyappearingontheDeviceconfiguredby ROADYforsettlementbetweentheTransportServiceProviderandROADYshallbefinalandbinding on the Transport Service Provider. The Transport Service Provider shall agree to the same without demur orprotest.
- ROADYreservestherighttochangetheratesandpaymenttermsbetweentheTransport ServiceProviderandROADYmentionedintheCommercialTermSegmentatanygivenpointin time, which shall be notified to theTransport Service Provider.
- NotwithstandinganythingcontainedinthisAgreement,whereROADYhasreasontobelieve thatanycharges/debitsinrespectoftheFeehavebeenfraudulentlyincurred(“SuspectCharge”), ROADY will always be entitled to deduct an amount equivalent to Suspect Charge from the SubscriptionAmountorintheeventofinsufficientSubscriptionAmount,ROADYwillbeentitledto requiretheTransportServiceProvidertoremittheSuspectChargeincashwithROADY.
- Settlement:Pursuanttoanysettlement(“Settlement”)thattheTransportServiceProvider is required to make with ROADY, under the terms of this Agreement and/or these the Transport Service Provider T&C, whether for a breach of this Agreement and/or the Transport Service ProviderT&Corotherwise,ROADYshallsendareportoftheSettlementbyshortmessageservice (SMS) / email / post, giving full details of the amounts and reasons thereof, forming part of the Settlement, to the Transport Service Provider. The Transport Service Provider shall make paymentoftheamountsmentionedintheSettlementtoROADYwithin7(seven)daysfromthedate of receipt of such Settlement details. If the Transport Service Provider fails or refuses to make payment in respect of such Settlement within such seven 7 (seven) days, ROADY shall have the right thereafter without any reference to the Transport Service Provider, to deduct the amounts mentionedintheSettlementdetailsfromtheSubscriptionAmount.IftheSubscriptionAmountis insufficienttomeettheSettlementamount,thenthebalanceshallberecoverableforthwithfrom the Transport Service Provider byROADY.
EXHIBIT-D ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- TheTransportServiceProvidermustbecompetenttocontractwithinthemeaningofthe Indian Contract Act,1872.
- TheTransportServiceProvidermusthavea‘ReserveBankofIndiaKYCcompliant’ bankaccount.
- TheTransportServiceProvidermustnotbeconvictedofanyoffenceforthepreceding10 years.
- The Transport Service Provider must be a man of good repute and character and must never have been convicted of an offence involving moral turpitude and that no warrant, summons, FIR or any other process must have been initiated against or issued in Transport Service Provider’s name by any court of law, Governmental authority or law enforcement Further,noproceedingmustbependingagainsttheTransportServiceProviderregarding andneitherhaveTransportServiceProviderbeenconvictedof(a)drivingundertheinfluenceof drugs or alcohol or (b) any cognizable offence under the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973, includingfraud,sexualoffences,useofamotorvehicletocommitcognizableoffence,orofany crimeinvolvingpropertydamage,theft,actsofviolence,oractsofterror.
- TheTransportServiceProvidermusthaveidentityproof/badgeandcommercialdriving licenseasrequiredundertheMotorVehiclesAct,1988andtherulesmadethereunder
TheTransportServiceProvidermustprovideidentityproofs/badgesandcommercialdriving licensesinrespectofthedriversproposedtobeusedfortheTransportServicesandasrequired undertheMotorVehiclesAct,1988andtherulesmadethereunder.
- The Transport Service Provider must have registration certificate, fitness certificate, pollutioncertificate,contractcarriagepermitandmandatoryinsurancepolicyinrespectofeach Vehicle